PKMY Annual Jam Report

Event: Parkour Malaysia Annual Jam 2009
Date: 27th December 2009 (Sunday)
Location: Putrajaya

First of all, I wanna thank all traceurs who attended this event! I wanna thank specially Qayim for sending us back to the Putrajaya Sentral and being just a great organizer for this jam. Thanks to Tenzho & Xiao Lee for going to the jam with me, if they didn't come, I dunno what would I be doing and finally thanks to all H20 members, finally we got to meet them! Especially thanks to Wen for all the photos he took, all the photos here are took by him, credits to Wen!

On that day, I was woken up by the ringing of my phone, someone was calling me. I quickly shot up awake and went to my phone, but it has stopped ringing, it was a miss call by Tenzho. I checked the time.... it was 5:40 am. Tenzho has wake me up earlier, I set the alarm clock at six. I then call him back, he said he had already wake up and is getting ready, he asked what time should we meet at Bandar Tasik Selatan Station. After that, I quickly took a shower and get ready.

I left my house at 6:40am and walked to the Bandar Tasik Selatan Station, half way through XiaoLee called and said that he had reached. After closing the phone, I quickly sprinted so that I could reach the station faster. Reached there, joined up with Tenzho & XiaoLee, then we go to the KLIA Transit station counter to buy the tickets. I'm very grateful that I live near to Bandar Tasik Selatan Station, here got LRT, KTM, KLIA Transit and also soon coming bas station which is under construction. It's very convenient here, can go to all sorts of places. The ticket to Putrajaya causes RM 5.30, quite expensive, but since it's my first time going to Putrajaya and also first time going to a Parkour Jam, I don't really mind and also after the whole thing, I never regret going.

It took about 15 minutes to reach Putrajaya station from Bandar Tasik Selatan; the system was really awesome and the train is really clean & cool. When we arrived, we went to the bas station just down the stairs and asked which bas will go to Presint 2. Waited for awhile for the bas to arrive and then we took bas and was on our way to Forbidden Park! The bas only cost 50 cents, which was really cheap! We didn't actually really know where Presint 2 or Forbidden Park is, this was our first time coming to Putrajaya, so we kept looking for familiar buildings or places like Menara PJH or the bridge while we are on the bus. After passing the bridge and also a sign post reading "Presint 2", I quickly press the stop button and we went down the next stop. Amazingly, we stopped at the right place, we instantly recognize the spot in front of us! It appears in many of 3RunMY videos, we were so excited!

I think we were the first ones to arrive there, cause when we arrive, no other people were there. So, we all warm up a bit and started to did some parkour and also looked around the familiar places. After waiting a short while, I called Qayim and asked where should we meet exactly, he said his coming soon. We waited a little longer and Qayim called me back saying that they have reached, we went over to him and greeted. We then registered and went down to the park and greeted the others. I bought a PKMY 2009 Shirt which cost RM25, it looks great, giving the 1Malaysia spirit.

The first location that we trained Wall Climbs, Precisions & Vaults.

The PKMY Annual Jam began with a welcome remarks by Qayim, then we start off our stretching, warm up & drills lead by Cat. The conditioning was really intense, many of us were exhausted right after it. Rested just for a bit and we all move to our first location to start training. That place was just GREAT, really really AWESOME! We can do all sorts of things there, from precisions to wall climbs to tic tacs to rolling, it's like one of the perfect spot I ever been too. We all started off with a precision jump from a lower ground to a higher one, it was kinda high, it took me a few tries to get up there. We then continue with flowing precisions and also some precision to cat leap to hang shimmy to climb up. It was really fun training at this spot.

Later on we had a tutorial on how to wall climb, even though I watched few tutorials on the internet before on how to wall climb, but this one really helped me. I finally realized how to really do it, I now managed to do a nice and better wall climb than my rather clumsy and weird one last time. After learning it, I kept on doing wall climb, I think I'm in love with this move, haha... I also managed to do a quite okay pop vault! Gonna improve on that soon. After awhile, Qayim asked us all to pair up to do a flow course for a video collection, I paired up with Tenzho. We all take turns doing it, the course goes like this: run > wall climb > precision or land > cat leap or wall climb > hang shimmy > land > precision x 3 > roll or land. I hope to see that video soon!

Me doing a wall climb while Tenzho is sitting on the left & XiaoLee on the right.

After the flow course, we take all our bags and move on to the second location, where we all train more advance wall climbs! This location consists of ascending tall walls, the lowest one on the right and the highest on the left. We started off with the lowest one and slowly go higher & higher. I kept on trying to climb the first one, but did not manage to even place my hand on the edge! It was really tall, I think I need more training, I was not satisfy! Gonna train harder, so I can climb taller walls! XiaoLee & Tenzho also the same, we did not manage to climb over, but Tenzho managed to grab the edge. I'm surprised that Yushen from h20 team managed to climb over twice, he was strong and it inspired me to train harder! We then moved a bit and went to the "Impossible Wall".

I never tried climbing the "Impossible Wall" since I can't even climb the ascending walls, I'm exhausted and it's 'impossible'. Haha... but it really is possible, few people managed to climb over it. XiaoLee, Tenzho and me just sat there and watched in amuse. After resting, we all trained on the bars near the "Impossible Wall". It was very fun there also, did many combos! There was a guard sitting on a motor came by, at first I thought we all should stop or not he'll get rid of us. But, since nobody did anything and just continue, I also continued and the guard never did anything also, he just pass by then come back again and then went again, never even a single comment. We also had another tutorial on how to do Dyno, I dunno if it's spelled like that, but it was great one too, never heard of it before. Practiced it a few times only then I got to catch the final bar straight away.

A H2o memeber - Samson - trying to climb the "Impossible Wall".

After awhile, suddenly, a police truck came by and horn. They came down and said we cannot train here, this is 'vandalism'. They said if we wanted to do this sort of activities, we should go to Taman Cabaran. We got BUSTED. So, we got to respect the authorities and we just leave the place. Qayim said the lesson of this story is: Next time if we see any guards going around, we should just act as a tourist. Haha... his just joking. Too bad, the community still doesn't really understand Parkour. Qayim then said we go and have lunch first and then discuss where should we go next. XiaoLee, Tenzho & me boarded lina's car with Alvin to the food court. Thank you so much Lina for letting us seat in your car! It's very nice meeting with Alvin too and I'm sad that I forgotten to ask for his email! We all went to a food court somewhere at Presint 8 and ate our lunch!

We got about two hours to eat our lunch & also to rest. After eating, we bought allot of drinks, cause we were really really thirsty after all that training. I bought 'Teh O Ice Limau', 'Barli Ais', 'Horlicks Ais' and also refilled my bottle with water. We were so full after eating & drinking so much, we rested a bit and then went over the street to the car park where everyone was waiting. While waiting, some people did parkour with all those bars there and some did tricking at one side. XiaoLee, Tenzho & me just watched since we were too full to even do anything; all the flipping, handsprings,etc were really awesome! After awhile only we joined in and did some parkour and we learned a new vault! Dunno what's the name of that move, if I know later, I'll edit here. Then, we all waited for transport to go to the next location which was Dataran Gemilang.

Me & few other traceur doing a quadruple conditioning training.

We all reached Dataran Gemilang and started training again. This time we are divided into two, one side are all doing tricking on a grassy area and on another side all doing Parkour. Well, I'm not so good in tricking, so I was definitely on the parkour side, we all did all sorts of vaults, some precisions and allots of combos too. XiaoLee got few of his injury here while doing some vaults. I did a handstand and when I landed, I scratched my skin till it was bleeding a bit, but it was just a slight injury. Moments later, it started to rain and we all took shelter. Some continue training under the shelter, while others just sit down on the bench and watched them all. XiaoLee, Tenzho and me were really really exhausted, we cannot do anymore already, our first time training parkour for this long, so we all just sat down and watched they all continue training. Some trained cat leaping, some were training bboying, others were just sitting down & chatting while the others just observe.

The rain stopped not so long later and it was already around 4:30pm, everyone was already tired and some start leaving already. So Qayim decided to end the jam here, we all gather and took a group picture. Then, gather around a circle, Qayim gave the closing remarks and invited few others to share something about what they felt about this event. After that, the jam ended, we all clapped and said our goodbyes. Qayim sent us & h20 members back to Putra Sentral, we all took the train and all went back to their respective home.

PKMY ANNUAL JAM '09 Group Photo

Once again, I wanna thank you everyone who participate in this jam! Through this jam, it inspired me to train really hard to be more stronger! I hope everyone will be better, stronger, tougher the next time we meet, see you all next year! May all the best be with everyone!

We all have 1 PASSION which is to be 1 COMMUNITY and bring about 1 MALAYSIA! We are PARKOUR MALAYSIA!

~Max Wong~